Hollandaise sauce is a classic creamy sauce that’s perfect for brunch and comes together with 4-5 simple ingredients. It’s easy and foolproof in a blender! It is one of five mother sauces, a rich, flavorful base that can be used on its own or to create different sauces.
PREP: 5 minutes
COOK: ~ 2 minutes
|1/2 cup / 8 tbsp / 1 stick||butter (unsalted and lactose free recommended)|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice|
|1 tsp||dijon mustard|
|1/8 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|–||no salt added recommended! Add max 1/8 tsp if you must…|
- Melt the butter in a microwave (make sure it’s covered as it will splatter) for about 1 1/2 minute, until it’s hot. Alternatively, you could heat it on the stove.
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, dijon and cayenne pepper into a high powered blender and blend for 5 seconds until combined.
- With the blender running on medium high, slowly stream in the hot butter into the mixture until it’s emulsified.
- Pour the hollandaise sauce into a small bowl and serve while warm.
- Your butter needs to be hot, not just melted. The recipe will not emulsify with luke warm butter.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0