A classic recipe for meringue cookies! These little meringues only call for 4 ingredients!
SERVINGS: 12 meringues
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 60 minutes
|4||egg whites (room temperature)|
|1/2 tsp||cream of tartar|
|1 cup (200 gr)||granulated white sugar|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 250F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in a large clean bowl.
- Using an electric mixer stir on low speed until mixture becomes foamy. Increase speed to high.
- With mixer on high, gradually add sugar, until sugar is well dissolved. Beat until mixture is thick, shiny, and has increased in volume.
- Stir in vanilla extract (or and any other extract you may like to use.)
- Transfer meringue in little piles to the prepared cookie sheet. The meringue cookies can be pretty close to each other as they won’t spread.
- Bake on 250F (105C) for 1 hour. Turn off the oven once the baking time has passed, and do not open the oven. Leave the oven door closed and allow cookies to cool completely in the oven (1-2 hours) before removing.
- Meringue cookies should be crisp and can be stored in an airtight container. Keep away from heat and moisture as it can soften your meringues.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0