This recipe can be modified to use other vegetables. Have fun with it!
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: ~ 45 minutes
|1 1/2 CUP||broccoli florets (steamed or boiled until crisp-tender)|
|1||9 inch single crust pie (of course, make it yourself if you like!)|
|1||onion (cut in small pieces)|
|1 1/2 cup||shredded Swiss cheese (emmental or gruyere is also great!)|
|2 cups||light cream, creme fraiche, or sour cream (lactose free preferred)|
|1/2 teaspoon||nutmeg powder (noix de muscade)|
|1/4 teaspoon||white sugar|
|1/8 teaspoon||cayenne pepper|
|0||salt (Not needed to add any extra salt!)|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unfold crust in your favorite pie dish.
- Pre-cook the broccoli until crisp-tender (steamed or put in boiling water for 4-5′). Then cut the broccoli is very small pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, onion, cream, broccoli, nutmeg, sugar and cayenne pepper. Mix 1 cup of shredded cheese. Pour mixture on top of crust, in pie dish.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated (425 F) oven. Then sprinkle 1/2 cheese uniformly on top.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, and bake an additional ~30 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Allow quiche to sit 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0